Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Yes, I have a 'type'.

I am not one to go nuts over celebrities. I never got into JTT (yeah, remember him?), Josh Hartnett, Brad Pitt, or Matt Damon. Not really my type, and more importantly, I knew there was nothing to be gained. On my 21st birthday I met Jenson Button, my Formula 1 'boyfriend,' and I was a little star-struck, but had no fantasies that Jenson Button was going to be like, 'yeah, let's hang out and I'll show you my stomach' or anything. I just don't get all girly and 'eeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!' about people I don't, and won't, ever know...especially those who are way, way out of my league.

Until now.

I've mentioned Tyr before, a Viking/Folk/Progressive Metal band out of the Faroe Islands. The Faroe Islands are a mostly independent nation that's part of Denmark (along with Greenland). It's located between  Iceland, Norway and Scotland. I discovered them some months ago. I like them very much. Here's why:



Go ahead. Watch it again. Watch it again, I won't judge. I've been listening to them while I work up data. Because my data has been taking some time to load, I've even been watching the videos.

Long story short, I discovered that the crazy-hot guitarist (the one on the end with all the tattoos and piercings) is on the Facebook. Not just a 'Like' page, like the also-lovely frontman has, but an actual 'Add as Friend' Facebook page. I noticed that he had somewhere around 3000 'friends,' so I thought, hey, why not?

The happiest moment of my day today came when I received the email "Terji Skibenæs confirmed you as a friend on Facebook." I grinned like a fool. Probably blushed a little. I'm really, REALLY happy none of the lab boys were around.

So now I'm trying to figure out how to have a ridiculous schoolgirl crush on a man I do not know (but who's Facebook friends with me), whose name I cannot even pronounce, and still maintain a little bit of dignity and pragmatism. One good thing about being able to browse through his profile is that I've learned that he has a girlfriend, and there are a lot of adorable pictures of him and his nephew. These discoveries have brought me a little bit back to earth...it's hard to go from thinking, 'aww, look at him playing Legos!' to having thoughts that are entirely inappropriate for a happily married woman to have about another man. I'm also resisting the temptation of posting things like 'OMG I LUV U UR SOOOO HOTTTTTT' on his wall and commenting on each post and picture. There's definitely a girl who appears to have actually met him, but seems a little desperately obsessed, and it's kind of sad. I don't want to be that.

Also, he cut his hair on Saturday. He's still a good-looker, but it's probably better for my marriage this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment