Wednesday, April 4, 2012

An Observation

This morning, while taking a shower, I noticed something peculiar. On my girly body wash bottle, it says "Body Wash", and underneath, in French: "nettoyant pour le corps." I don't speak French, but in my head, "nettoyant pour le corps" sounds rather lovely.

However, on my husband's bottle of manly Old Spice body wash, it says "Body Wash," and underneath, in French, "Gel Douche."

So why the discrepancy? My only guess is that someone reasoned that non-French speaking ladies like the phrase "nettoyant pour le corps" and that non-French speaking dudes think it's hysterical that their body wash says "douche" on it.

1 comment:

  1. Google translate tells me the difference is one means body wash, the other shower gel. But knowing Old Spice...your reasoning is probably correct. Sadly. :)

    ReplyDelete