Thursday, April 12, 2012

Things I Love Thursday

  • Jelly beans, specifically Starburst Tropical jelly beans.
  • My primary care physician at the University's health center. He's just a really kind, rather soft-spoken, knowledgeable, caring, helpful doctor.
  • My hair cutter. If you live in UrPaign and need a good haircut, go see Terra at H2O in Urbana.
  • Reproducible data. It's not perfect, but it's way better than it was!
  • The American Physical Society. I got my copy of the Proceedings of Shock Compression of Condensed Matter-2011 today, and it just makes me happy.
  • The prospect of getting a job. Nothing set in stone, no firm offers, BUT the last email I got from my hopeful future PI said (in response to my sending him an updated CV for my fellowship package): "You're awesome. Can't wait until you're working with us." So, yeah, I'm excited.

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything goes well on the job front! That is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete