Thursday, April 1, 2010

BEDA Begins...

BEDA Intro Questions

Name: Katie

Age: 25

Where I live: Urbana, IL

Where I call "home": Brooklyn Park, MN, but since none of my friends or family live there, specifically, anymore I'm going to say the greater Minneapolis-ish area.

Why I blog: I'm starting because I read the BEDA calendar and thought, 'I have opinions about these things!' And so. I also could use the practice writing, and I don't get to write for fun anymore.
What part of BEDA I'm most excited about: Having a set thing to think about during the day that can distract me from grad school.

Why I'm doing BEDA [again]: See 'Why I blog.'

How I first discovered Maureen Johnson/BEDA: Becky's blog.

Something other BEDA people might not know about me: Well, seeing as how I don't know many of you in the first place, I'm going to say there's a lot. In a nutshell, I am a grad student in physical chemistry, I'm married to a cool dude, I have a super bratty but super cute dog named Tia, I picked up running in November...and I guess the rest will come out over the next month, eh?

Another blog I follow: Becky's (Life in Denim and Flip Flops), 101 Cookbooks, Carbon-based Curiosities, Dispatches of a Traveling Curmudgeon.

A writer (of any kind) who inspires me: Is it cliche to say a musician? Well even if it is, I'm going with Jerry Cantrell. Powerful lyrics.

A YouTube channel I love: I was unaware until this moment that YouTube even had channels...

A favorite quote: "Guns don't kill people, healthcare does." -- what my husband wants to put on bumper stickers to sell to the crazy tea-party nutters to make a fortune.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, those bumper stickers could make millions! Can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great quote. You wouldn't even have to market those in the right crowd, they would sell themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a funny quote.

    Welcome to our BEDA group Katie.

    ReplyDelete