Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Brontosaurus was one of the biggest and gentlest dinosaurs around.

I hate writing about 'unique skills,' the BEDA theme for today. I can't tie a cherry stem in my mouth, I can't walk on my hands, I can't draw, I can't sing (well), and the sharpest my wit ever is is about 5 minutes after something would be relevant or funny.

But after giving it about 2-minutes' thought, I have come up with three unique skills that I possess.

The first is that I have a really great memory for crap that doesn't matter. For instance, the title of this blog post was my line from our 2nd-grade Dinosaur program. I can also recite the Preamble of the Declaration of Independence (with OR without the Schoolhouse Rock song), the books of the bible (with the song), random songs from Music class in elementary school, and the Nations of the World song by Yakko Warner (a la Animaniacs). However, I can't remember important things, or even cool things, like what the heck a density matrix is, the equation for a super-gaussian, or who Kevin Bacon is.

The second unique skill I have is that I can crack my toes REALLY loudly. And multiple times; not like fingers, where you pop them once and that's it for awhile. No, this can be ongoing. When we were kids, my brother often threatened to either break them or wrap them in duct tape if I didn't stop. Tjett's nephew, Buzz, and I bonded over it. And I quote...."That's disgusting. Do it again."

And finally, I am Katie, detector of Canadians. I can just tell.

2 comments:

  1. Man, don't downplay that skill. You can detect Canadians? That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And totally useful when you were a Minnesotan. ;)

    ReplyDelete