Monday, April 5, 2010

RIP, Puddy-Tat

And now I feel guilty for being mad at Tia.

One of my very close friends has to put her kitty down today. Pudding, as the shelter named her, but Puddy or Puddy-Tat to those who know her, is I think 13-odd years old. Somewhere around there, anyway. She is a manx, so she doesn't have a tail. Even people who hate cats adore her. She is funny and sweet and cuddly.

I forget all of the details, but her kidneys have been out of whack for a few months now. She's been on a special diet and medication, and that's stopped working. She was in the kitty hospital for a few days on dialysis, and she just can't make it. She was back home for the weekend, so at least she could sleep in the sun one last time.

Her appointment is for 3:30.

This Monday sucks.

I need a beer.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie. If I were there, I'd go out for a beer with you. After the morning I've had, I need one too!

    ReplyDelete