Thursday, April 8, 2010

Things I Love Thursday

This is my first installment of Things I Love Thursdays. I had kind of a grumpy awful week, so it may seem a bit short, but I'll do my best.

  • Heath Ledger: Since I forgot to post my celebrity crushes yesterday, I thought it would be fitting to start with one, despite his lack of aliveness. As I mentioned before, on Monday, instead of watching the basketball championship, I went over to my friend Emily's house, and we had vodka-cranberry juices (or cranberry vodka-juices when I've had too many) and we watched A Knight's Tale. This was the first movie I ever saw with him in it. In high school, my friends Rose and Heidi absolutely loved Heath Ledger, and convinced me to go see this movie with them. And he was beautiful. Aside from being beautiful, I also think he was a very talented actor (though admittedly a bit whiny in this movie), and had the Joker not killed him, I would have expected many more varied roles. And also that he would age exceptionally gracefully.

  • Absolut Ruby Red Vodka: Along those lines, I had forgotten just how darn tasty grapefruit vodka in cranberry juice is. It's not really a 'winter' drink, but the recent warm weather got me in the mood for it. It is so refreshing! The first time I had it was actually in Meijer. They were giving out free samples of it. I'd never seen free samples of booze in a grocery store. But seriously, this is one highish-quality vodka that is definitely worth splurging on.

  • Lingonberries: Another thing I bought on my trip to MN is a jar of imported-from-Sweden lingonberries. I bought them to go on the Swedish pancakes that we had for Easter brunch, but I've been putting them on slices of bread. Oh my goodness they are delicious. These were stirred with sugar and pectin (so more of a jam, really), and they're a little sweeter than I'm used to...but I just can't get enough of them. I think I want to buy some ice cream and put it on there. I just really want to eat all of it before it goes bad...if only my husband liked pancakes or waffles (I know. Eating is sad in my house) I could make breakfast for dinner tonight...

  • Crocs: They are ugly as sin, and I think that in general they are kind of stupid and highly overrated. That being said, they have their uses. Tjett has a pair of Red Wing Mammoth Crocs: regular Crocs but with a fleecy lining. I discovered shortly after we got Tia that my feet would get cold and wet when I wore sandals in the morning to go pick up after her, and by the time I would get shoes on she would have already eaten her poop. So I tried his ugly Crocs on, and my feet stayed nice and warm and dry. And so, 6 or 7 months later, I finally bought my own, that are actually my size. They are black with red and black plaid lining. The other good thing about them is that in the event that I step in the poop, I can just remove the lining and hose them off. The lining on my pair doesn't come off quite as easily, so hopefully there won't be too much poop-stepping-in.

2 comments:

  1. Awww. I had a Knight's Tale reference in my post yesterday. I love that movie. And Heath. And vodka-cranberry juice. Those were my drinks in college. I might have to return to that. And that grapefruit vodka sounds ah-mazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you forget to list something that you love?...like that really handsome fella that you live with?

    ReplyDelete