Monday, April 11, 2011

Food, Wine, and Monkeys. And Roller Coasters.

Today's BEDA theme is regarding one's dream vacation.

Ok. In my absolute wildest dreams, I want to stay here. I stumbled upon this resort while Tjett and I looked for honeymoon locales, or at least I think it was this place. Regardless, it was somewhere in Greece. Now here's the thing...while I'm sure I would love it, I think about it exactly like it is in the picture...perfect weather, and no one around. Adding ridiculous heat or rain and screaming children is definitely not in that fantasy.

Here's the thing...I really like the idea of a Caribbean/beachy/tropical vacation...except that I for real hate sand. Also, I can't swim. And I burn in about 2 seconds. So even though resorty places SOUND nice to me...I probably don't really want to go there.

So when I think about where I'd REALLY like to go, it's actually pretty simple. Yes, I'd like to go back to Italy. Yes, I'd love to visit Germany. But at the risk of sounding stupidly romantic, I just want to go somewhere with Tjett, where there's a nice hotel room (with a jacuzzi, even...and a balcony?), really good restaurants within walking distance, maybe a zoo, and maybe an amusement park. Like if we could combine Cedar Point with the Brookfield Zoo primate house. And some museums. And a spa?

No comments:

Post a Comment