Saturday, April 23, 2011

Interview with a Samoyed

As I've mentioned before, dogs do not speak English. Tia is, however, an incredibly 'talkative' dog. She rarely barks, but she has so many different sounds for different occasions. While she makes a lot of her noise...unasked...these are some common responses, and what we've assumed they translate into.

Me: Is it suppertime? Should we go get some supper?? Let's go get some supper!!!

Tia: AROOOWOOOOOO!!!! AROOOO!!! (trans: YAY!!!! FOOD!!! FOOOOOOOD!!!!!)

Me: Can we go down the stairs? You want to go down the stairs?

Tia: rooooooooooooo!!! (trans: look at me I'm going down the stairs all by myself!)

Me: Who's my Tia? Who's my good puppy? Who's my good girl?

Tia: ngaaaaaaaaaaa! (trans: I am!)

Me: Sit! Tia, off!.....

Tia: whine whine whine (trans: I can't contain myself hurry up I'm being a good girl I want my treat!)

Me: (on the way to the park) Where are we going, Tia?

Tia: AROO!! AAA! AAA! AROOWOO!!!!! (trans: PAAAAAAAARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment