Wednesday, April 20, 2011

How To Earn A Crappy Sweatshirt

5ish years ago, before we moved to Illinois, Tjett completed his first Old Chicago World Beer Tour. For those of you unfamiliar with Old Chicago and its Beer Tour, basically, the goal is to drink 110 different beers. Along the way, you get chintzy little prizes: a deck of cards, a mini-compass, then later you get a T-shirt, a thermos, and a cooler.

The final, 110 beer prize, is your name on a little plaque on the 'Wall of Foam.' Also, you get a sweatshirt.

Tjett's sweatshirt was just amazing. Heavy, thick, plushy, soft...it was everything I ever wanted in a sweatshirt, but as I had stolen all of his other sweatshirts and fuzzy pants, he would not let me steal this one too. This one, I had to EARN.

Tonight I finished my first tour. Tjett finished his second. Oh, how I was looking forward to MY amazing sweatshirt. When our server brought it, it felt...thin. It was in a plastic bag so I didn't get to really examine it, but it just didn't feel as awesome as Tjett's old one.

I got home and tried it on. I am not a very big person. I had gotten a Medium, figuring that would give me ample room without swimming in it. Unfortunately, it was too short in the torso and too short in the sleeves. Mostly, it was like a slightly thicker long-sleeved T-shirt. I am SUPER disappointed. I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if I can't at least exchange for a Large. *sigh* I wish we had just finished our tours while we were in Iowa...

On a happier note, somebody stopped a Nickelback song that was playing while I was enjoying my 110th beer. Also, they do raffle drawings on Wednesdays and Tjett and I EACH won a free large pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment