Thursday, April 14, 2011

Things I Love Thursday

  • Cornell, including: friends, faculty, steel drums, and band. Ok, I know I've already done an "I love Cornell" post. But oh, how I miss the steel drums...
  • Walking. Actually, walking kinda blows right now. I'm still in a 'walking cast' and will be until Monday, when I get a walking boot. I'm REALLY looking forward to the boot. Walking in the cast isn't terribly comfortable, and it's tiring and bit painful. But today was my first day more or less NOT on crutches...which is a HUGE step for me. I'm very proud (and very, very tired and sore).
  • Beating the snot out of my husband in the March Madness bracket. I'm really not a competitive person...most of the time. And to tell you the honest truth, I flipped a coin while picking my bracket...which I only did in the hopes that I would get a free appetizer from Old Chicago. Well...thank you, Mr. Lincoln. Not only did I pick VCU (but only for 2 rounds), I picked UConn to win. Which put me in...wait for it...3rd place at Old Chicago!!! I got a free pizza out of it. Tjett, on the other hand, came in 29th and got a free appetizer. Really, I just think the whole thing's funny.
  • Clearly, the ellipsis. I just realized I used it 7 times already.
  • Corn Chex. They're not filling enough for breakfast, but I've been SO in the mood for them for a snack lately. Oh-so-delicious.
  • My giant death laser. Yep, I blew up a filter today. And I tried to launch my flyer plate...(there it is again!) but basically just blew up a bunch of glass. I'm thinking 2.5 Joules MIGHT be a bit overkill.

No comments:

Post a Comment