Monday, April 25, 2011

Okey Dokey Karaoke

...Or should I say, car mix!! I have...lots...of songs that I like to 'sing' in the car, especially on longer car trips. By myself. Because SOMEBODY gets all huffy when people sing good songs poorly. I most likely fall into that category. I was in band for a reason.

My criteria: 1) I have to know most of the words. Yes, I realize that the point of karaoke is that they give you the words, but it's better if you already know the majority of the words. 2) It must be beltable. 'Nice' songs, even though that I absolutely love and would happily sing in the shower and are the first songs I would ever learn on the guitar, are not my favorite car songs.

I just checked, and there are 35 songs on my car list. I won't give you every single one of them, but here are my favorites:

Billy Idol (Rebel Yell, White Wedding)
Counting Crows (Rain King)
Garbage (The World is Not Enough)
Kansas (Carry on Wayward Son, Dust in the Wind)
Poison (Talk Dirty to Me, Every Rose Has Its Thorn)
Ricky Martin (She Bangs, Livin La Vida Loca, La Bomba)
Guns 'N Roses (Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Paradise City, Live and Let Die)
Rush (Roll the Bones, Fly By Night, Tom Sawyer, Closer to the Heart)
Tenacious D (Tribute, Wonderboy)

No comments:

Post a Comment